TechNomad

Users' Comments
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Login with FourSquare
Login with Windows Live
HTML5 Powered with CSS3 and Semantics

Bug Zap

Day's Slideshow

16:46 Improper Copyright Year...

I was just looking at my site when I noticed that some entries had 105 as their copyright year! I wasn't quite sure how to fix the problem, as I wasn't sure where exactly the problem layed. I first looked at my options file to be sure that was correct, which it is. I then looked at the script that loads the options and found that too to be correct. The only other place it could be wrong was in the display script! Well, it looked as though I was using the same variable name for too many things, so I changed the appropriate lines for the copyright info so that they wouldn't use the same variable as all those other lines. However, that didn't fix it! So I looked to see where the variable was being introduced. The incorrect year was being supplied from the code I added to hide future events... I first thought about doing a minor alteration to the code there, but decided that it would be best to leave it alone. Instead, I have the copyright changed from the default only when viewing a date specific entry.
So, there you go! A little bug fixed quite easily! If you notice any more bugs (or just have any suggestions for improving the site), please feel free to email me at webmaster@yodas.ws
That just gave me an idea: To have the display script automatically convert a simple email address into a link! I don't know when I'll do it, however...

17:27 Just a Little Work...

I just now changed how the display script gathers information on an entry's time and subject! So now I don't have to include a time for all of my entries, as shown for 31/10/2005 ! Isn't that great!?
And before that, I added just a little code so that I could have an event stop and start on the same line without having to display such comments twice! It's no big deal, though, really...
Anyway, I did all that while I'm currently trying to get it to automatically change an email address into a link. Once I have it figured out for my entries, I'll copy the code for the posts. I should also have it for comments to my images. Speaking of which, I should copy my date changing code for the posts and comments too...
Ah, a webmaster's work is never done...

17:44 So much to do...

Well, I think I got it to work, now. My original problem is that the email replacement part worked on a while loop, and the email address still needed to be included in the entry and link, causing the while loop to continue until the server shut off the program... So I changed the while loop to an if statement. It works, now, but I don't know if it'll work for two or more email addresses in one entry...
I then had a problem with this entry not being fully displayed...
Well, instead of trying to fix that, I worked on a few minor details of the display script. I copied the date change code like I said I would. I also added a little bit so that the display script wouldn't include a heading for an entry that didn't have a time set.
Then I figured out why this entry wouldn't load fully! I put in the wrong ending tag... I guess it's because I'm tired and need to go find something else to do...
<< 10 Nov 2005
14 Nov 2005 >>
12 Nov 2005